Displaying items tagged: Universal Forest Products Inc
UFP Industries acquires California manufacturer
GRAND RAPIDS — An affiliate of wood products company UFP Industries has acquired Rancho Cucamonga, Calif.-based T&R Lumber Co.
Pandemic pushes more corporations to hold virtual annual shareholder meetings
The ritual of public companies hosting their annual shareholders meeting will start again in the coming weeks.
MiBiz Growth Report: April 12, 2020
This is the MiBiz growth report for April 12, 2020.
UFP Industries warns coronavirus could ‘materially and adversely’ affect operations
GRAND RAPIDS — Universal Forest Products Inc. warned investors today that the coronavirus pandemic could pose serious challenges to the business.
UFPI acquires architectural millwork maker
GRAND RAPIDS — An affiliate of Grand Rapids-based Universal Forest Products Inc. has acquired the operating assets of Quest Design & Fabrication and Quest Architectural Millwork, collectively known as Quest.
Growth Report: Sept. 28,2019
Growth report for Sept. 28, 2019.
UFPI acquires Pallet USA, restructures
GRAND RAPIDS — An affiliate of Universal Forest Products Inc. (NASDAQ: UFPI) has acquired Hartford, Wis.-based Pallet USA LLC, expanding Universal’s industrial product-capacity and services in the Midwest.
MiBiz growth report: August 19, 2019
Here is the MiBiz Growth Report for Aug. 19, 2019:
Universal Forest Products to acquire Grand Rapids manufacturer
Universal Forest Products Inc. is acquiring the assets of a Grand Rapids-based wood panel components manufacturer.
MiBiz Growth Report: Oct. 29, 2018
Here is the MiBiz Growth Report for Oct. 29, 2018.
Drones save cost, improve efficiency for West Michigan companies
Emerging drone technology is helping reduce costs and save time for a range of West Michigan businesses, from farmers to construction companies and beyond.
MiBiz Growth Report: April 2, 2018
Here is the MiBiz Growth Report for April 2, 2018.
• M&A: A subsidiary of Universal Forest Products Inc. (Nasdaq: UFPI) plans to acquire “substantially all” of the operating assets of Marietta, Ga.-based North American Container Corp., a producer of packaging products, according to a statement. The deal should close by June 1. Terms of the deal were undisclosed. The acquisition will add steel, corrugated and hardwood packaging to Universal’s lineup of industrial products. North American Container, founded in 1967, operates nine manufacturing facilities in Georgia, South Carolina, Tennessee and Wisconsin and recorded 2017 sales of about $71 million. Universal Forest Products in February reported that it generated $3.9 billion in net sales with net earnings of $119.5 million for 2017.
Universal Forest Products to acquire Georgia-based packaging products company
A subsidiary of Universal Forest Products Inc. plans to acquire the assets of a Georgia producer of packaging products.
Universal Forest Products rides acquisition for 24-percent sales bump
Universal Forest Products Inc. surpassed analyst expectations in the first quarter of 2017, growing annual sales by 24 percent largely due to an acquisition that closed last fall.
MiBiz Growth Report: March 20, 2017
Here is the MiBiz Growth Report for March 20, 2017:
• M&A: Grand Rapids-based fuel distributor Crystal Flash Inc. has expanded its geographic footprint into Southeast Michigan with the acquisition of Adrian-based Lenawee Farm Bureau Oil Cooperative, which has more than 500 customers. Two employees will stay on with Crystal Flash, according to a statement. Terms of the deal, which was finalized this month, were not disclosed. Lenawee County Farm Bureau Oil Cooperative serves agricultural, commercial, construction and home heating oil customers. Grand Rapids-based Charter Capital Partners served as financial adviser to Crystal Flash on the deal. The employee-owned company employs 250 people at 15 locations in Michigan.
Universal Forest diversifies into hardwood products with acquisition of Indiana manufacturer
Universal Forest Products Inc. plans to break into the hardwood products with the acquisition of an Indiana-based manufacturer.
Universal Forest Products posts double-digit sales growth to close 2016
Demand for lumber throughout the retail, construction and industrial markets drove strong sales for Universal Forest Products Inc. last year.
MiBiz Growth Report: Dec. 12, 2016
Here is the MiBiz Growth Report for Dec. 12, 2016:
• M&A: Blue Wolf Capital Partners LLC, a New York-based private equity firm, has acquired the North American operations of New Zealand-based Tenon Limited. The company will be based in Grand Rapids and operate under a new name, Novo Building Products LLC. Novo is a manufacturer and distributor of speciality building products. Terms of the deal were not disclosed.
Universal Forest Products acquires Australian packaging manufacturer
Universal Forest Products Inc. has purchased its second Australian firm.
MiBiz Growth Report: Sept. 19, 2016
Here is the MiBiz Growth Report for Sept. 19, 2016.
• M&A: Zeeland-based BiaCare Corp., a manufacturer of compression garments and bandages, was acquired by SIGVARIS Group, a Swiss maker of medical compression textiles. BiaCare was founded 12 years ago and employs 22 people in Zeeland, according to a statement. The company developed a range of compression products with velcro wraps to treat lymphedema, lipedema and chronic venous insufficiency. Terms of the deal were not disclosed. SIGVARIS pursued the acquisition as part of its international growth strategy for medically complex compression applications, calling BiaCare “a pioneering leader” in the segment. For BiaCare, the deal “significantly increases our ability to provide physicians and therapists the compression solutions they need,” according to President Keith Hoffman.
Universal Forest Products to acquire store fixtures maker in $68 million deal
Universal Forest Products Inc. (Nasdaq: UFPI) today signed a definitive agreement to buy idX Corp. in a deal valued at about $68 million.
Universal Forest Products gains on construction, retail markets in Q2
Robust construction and retail markets drove sales in Universal Forest Products Inc.’s second quarter.
MiBiz Growth Report: June 27, 2016
Here is the MiBiz Growth Report for June 27, 2016.
• M&A: German company Kion Group AG, an industrial truck, material handling and logistics automation equipment manufacturer, plans to acquire Dematic Corp. for approximately $2.1 billion in what executives described as a “landmark” transaction. The deal values the logistics and automation firm, whose North American operations are based in Grand Rapids, at an enterprise value of $3.25 billion, according to a joint statement. Dematic generated $1.8 billion in revenues and $166 million in adjusted earnings before interest and taxes during the calendar year 2015. Kion Group will acquire Dematic from funds managed by New York City private equity firm AEA Investors LP and the Ontario Teachers Pension Plan. The deal, which is expected to close in the fourth quarter pending regulatory approval, also carves out “certain liabilities,” according to a statement.
Universal Forest Products to acquire Idaho building products distributor
Universal Forest Products Inc. expects to acquire Idaho Western Inc., a Nampa, Idaho-based distributor of building materials.
Universal Forest Products signs deal to acquire Tampa lumber business
Universal Forest Products Inc. said today that it has agreed to acquire some assets of a Tampa, Fla.-based treated lumber manufacturer.
Construction, retail markets drive Universal Forest Products’ Q1 earnings
Bolstered by a mild winter and strong performance in its construction and retail markets, Universal Forest Products Inc. surpassed analysts’ expectations for earnings in its first quarter.
Retail, industrial market drives year-end gains for UFPI
Bolstered by mild weather and strong performance in its retail and industrial markets, Universal Forest Products Inc. reported an 8.5-percent increase in annual sales.