Displaying items tagged: Rua Associates LLC
Here's the MiBiz Growth Report for May 24, 2021.
A couple of small business deals Andrew Longcore has been approached about lately illustrate the effects on the M&A market this year from the COVID-19 pandemic.
Mergers and acquisitions activity among plastics manufacturers has been uneven as the supply of assets shrinks, demand grows and threats to the economy build.
A small private equity firm started in Southern Michigan plans to invest in a niche area most investors ignore. In targeting small manufacturers in small towns and other rural markets across the state, Parma-based Fresh Water Ventures Fund LP seeks to acquire small businesses and maintain operations in their hometowns.
Here is the MiBiz Growth Report for May 14, 2018.
A continued robust economy provides the right timing for business owners to consider selling their companies throughout the remainder of the year.
FROM OUR ADVERTISERS
Here is the MiBiz Growth Report for Oct. 30, 2017:
• M&A: Stryker Corp. acquired a majority interest in French medical device company Vexim SA and plans to make a tender offer to buy out its remaining shareholders. The Kalamazoo-based Stryker (NYSE: SYK) acquired 50.7 percent of shares and 50.3 percent of voting rights to Vexim, based in Balma, near Toulouse, France. Stryker paid 20 euros per share to funds managed by Truffle Capital, Bpifrance and Kreaxi, as well as Vexim managers. Vexim said the acquisition of the majority stake by Stryker has an equity value of 183 million euros, which equates to about $216 million. Vexim specializes in devices for minimally invasive procedures to treat traumatic spinal pathologies.
GRAND RAPIDS — The new owner of Schuil Coffee Co. LLC hopes to leverage nearly two decades of experience in the packaged food and e-commerce industries to grow the 36-year-old roastery.
Here is the MiBiz Growth Report for Jan. 23, 2017.
• M&A: Bryan Betten and Chris Baker, two veteran West Michigan dealership executives, have acquired Grand Chrysler Dodge Jeep Ram in Lowell from former owner Harvey Koning. Betten-Baker is in the process of acquiring the remaining Grand Auto Family Services Inc. dealerships owned by Koning, which include facilities in Grandville, Allegan and Lowell, said Pete Ricards, division director at Betten-Baker. The company also is acquiring a Big Rapids-based GMC dealership from Gary Trimarco Automotive group, but is waiting on manufacturer approval from General Motors to complete both deals.
More of the same? Seller’s market largely unfazed by rising interest rates, politics as deal flow keeps pace
Professionals working in mergers and acquisitions in West Michigan expect strong deal flow to continue in 2017, maintaining a seller’s market.
MUSKEGON — After a career spent in a variety of management and sales roles in the packaging industry, Rich Wilson decided it was time to strike out on his own.
Accuserve Corp. has purchased Paradigm Plus LLC as the owner of the Jenison-based contract packaging company chose to pursue other ventures.
FROM OUR ADVERTISERS
GRAND RAPIDS — Randy Rua left NuVescor Group LLC seven years ago to break out on his own and launch an M&A firm that focused on working with small business owners.
Here is the MiBiz Growth Report for July 11, 2016.
• M&A: Belding-based Robroy Enclosures Inc., a subsidiary of Robroy Industries Inc. of Verona, Pa., acquired the assets of Texas-based Attabox Industrial Enclosures, according to a statement. The deal complements Robroy Enclosures’ existing Stahlin Non-Metallic Enclosures brand of fiberglass electrical enclosures. Attabox makes engineered enclosures for the industrial, solar, electrical, telecommunications, HVAC, instrumentation/control, government, oil and gas, and construction markets. Terms of the deal were not disclosed.
Here is the MiBiz Growth Report for June 27, 2016.
• M&A: German company Kion Group AG, an industrial truck, material handling and logistics automation equipment manufacturer, plans to acquire Dematic Corp. for approximately $2.1 billion in what executives described as a “landmark” transaction. The deal values the logistics and automation firm, whose North American operations are based in Grand Rapids, at an enterprise value of $3.25 billion, according to a joint statement. Dematic generated $1.8 billion in revenues and $166 million in adjusted earnings before interest and taxes during the calendar year 2015. Kion Group will acquire Dematic from funds managed by New York City private equity firm AEA Investors LP and the Ontario Teachers Pension Plan. The deal, which is expected to close in the fourth quarter pending regulatory approval, also carves out “certain liabilities,” according to a statement.
Here is the MiBiz Growth Report for May 2, 2016.
- M&A: Brad Davis and Lynne Bosgraaf, both formerly executive team members at Grand Haven-based Light Corp., have acquired Ram Electronics Inc., a manufacturer in Fruitport of printed circuit boards, custom wire harnesses and other components. The deal came about as Ram’s previous owner, Don Neidlinger, looked to retire. Zeeland-based Rua Associates LLC advised Davis and Bosgraaf on the deal, the terms of which were not disclosed. The executives partnered with Mercantile Bank Corp. to structure a loan through the Michigan Economic Development Corp.’s collateral support program. The program provides collateral to fund down payments on expansions or mergers and acquisitions.
- M&A: Lansing-based Neogen Corp., a manufacturer of food and animal safety products, acquired Brazil-based Deoxi Biotecnologia Ltda, an operator of an animal genomics laboratory, according to a statement. Terms of the deal were not disclosed. Deoxi’s management and staff will remain with the company.
Two former office furniture executives hope to leverage their collective experience as they start on a new business venture in West Michigan.
Here is the MiBiz Growth Report for April 4, 2016:
• M&A: Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio-based Americhem Group acquired Vi-Chem Corp. of Grand Rapids, according to a statement. Vi-Chem is a supplier of plastic compounds for injection molding, extrusion and blow molding applications. Its customers include companies in the automotive, medical and industrial sectors. Terms of the deal, which closed March 18, were not disclosed. Americhem, a manufacturer of color and additive plastic compounds for the polymer industry, will maintain Vi-Chem’s Grand Rapids operations, where the company employs 85 people.
Rua Associates LLC announced yesterday a new joint venture with The Midland Group, a Fort Wayne, Ind.-based business advisory firm.